1. Question: When a TIB export exam designation is communicated in ACE via Automated Broker Interface (ABI) in the SO20 status notification record, what Reference Identifier Qualifier will be used?
Answer: The TIB export exam determination will be communicated via the “CMT” Reference Identifier Qualifier, also known as “Public Notes/Comments.” For more information, please see Page 16 of the ACE Cargo Release – SO Status Notification CATAIR found at https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2016-Aug/ACE%20Cargo%20Release%20SO%20Status%20Notification%2020July2016_v16_current.pdf.
2. Question: If a Disclaimer is filed via PGA Message Set and PGA data is provided to CBP via the Document Image System (DIS), can a filer still receive a “May Proceed” response message?
Answer: No, “May Proceed” messages are not sent in response to a PGA data Disclaimer.
3. Question: Are there still some EPA HTS flags that need to be updated?
Answer: Yes, EPA continues to update their HTS flagging. However, all importers are responsible for knowing what EPA data should be filed whether or not an HTS code is flagged. This information may be confirmed with the appropriate EPA hotlines/contacts. For more information, please see CSMS #17-000160.
4. Question: What are the updated hours for FDA’s ACE Support Desk?
Answer: FDA’s ACE Support Desk will be staffed from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, 7 days a week. They can be contacted at ACE_Support@fda.hhs.gov or 877-345-1101.
5. Question: What is the effective date for the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) Final Rule implementing the International Trade Data System, as applicable to tableting and encapsulating machines, controlled substances, and listed chemicals, permitting importers and exporters to file required DEA information electronically with CBP?
Answer: The DEA “Final Rule; Delay of Effective Date” published on January 30, 2017 (82 FR 8688) states that “compliance with the revisions to DEA regulations made by this rule is not required until July 31, 2017.” For more information, please see the applicable FRN at https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/30/2017-01976/revision-of-import-and-export-requirements-for-controlled-substances-listed-chemicals-and-tableting.
6. Question: Where can I find information about the transition of ACS queries to ACE?
Answer: Current information about the transition of ACS queries to ACE can be found in the ACS to ACE Application Transition Plan found at https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Feb/ACE%20-%20ACS%20to%20ACE%20Application%20Transition%20Guide%20-%20February%202017_0.pdf.
Please note that this document is periodically updated and should be checked regularly for updates. For additional information regarding ACE, please dial in to the weekly ACE Status Update Call on Thursdays at 2pm. Phone Number: (877) 336-1828 Pass Code: 6124214