CBP would also like to inform PTAOs and TAUs that the ACE Portal’s Account Password Activation and Reset Capability was also extended to users with the PTAO role in ACE Portal accounts. TAUs, who require account reactivations and/or password resets, can contact either their account’s TAO or any PTAO to request assistance. Instructions for resetting inactive ACE Portal accounts are listed below:
1. Login to your ACE TAO or PTAO Account.
2. Select the “Tools” tab. The User Access page with the list of users associated with the TAO’s or PTAO's account displays.
3. Select the “hyperlink” with the user’s last name. The Account User Information page displays. Verify that either the PTAO or TAU radio buttons are selected.
4. Select the “Continue” button. The User Access page displays. The Single Sign-on Partner Access area contains the new Reset Password and Activate Account button.
5. Select the “Reset Password and Activate Account” button.
6. Select the “OK” button to verify the “Are you sure you want to reset password and activate this user account? message.”
7. A message will display to indicate the “Request to Reset Password and Activate Account has been submitted.
Please allow 10 minutes for this process to complete.” Please note: Users will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. The user will need to click on the hyperlink provided in the email to retrieve a new password, and will be required to enter their Shared Secret. The Shared Secret for a PTAO or TAU is their ACE Account/User ID.
For more information on ACE Portal functionality, please visit the “ACE Portal Training Resources” page of CBP.gov/ACE.