1. Update on Delay of Post Release Deployment in ACE Question: Does CBP have a new date for the post release deployment in ACE?
Answer: As previously announced, the January 14, 2017 deployment of post release capabilities in ACE, including liquidation (with the exception of the electronic posting of the Notices of Liquidation on CBP.gov), drawback/duty deferral, reconciliation, collections, statements and the Automated Surety Interface has been postponed. While a new deployment date has not been determined, CBP continues to work with all stakeholders to identify a new deployment date. When a new date is determined, CBP will announce the date via publication of a Federal Register Notice, which will provide the trade community with a thirty-day notification period.
2. Statements Deployment Question Question: Is the deployments of Statements in ACE tied to the deployment of other post-release capabilities in ACE?
3. Information Concerning FWS Pilot Question: Can you provide more information on the FWS Pilot?
Answer: See link below for more information. https://apps.cbp.gov/csms/viewmssg.asp?Recid=22428&page=&srch_argv=fws&srchtype=&btype=&sortby=&sby=
4. DIS Submission of Partner Government Agency (PGA) Documentation Question: If some PGA’s require more than one document, can a DIS email submission be sent with multiple attachments?
Answer: Yes, multiple documents can be attached.
5. Duty Deferral Transmission Process Question: How does a filer indicate that the submission of a Part 2 is intended?
Answer: If a filer intends to submit a Part 2 at a later date, the filer should withhold submitting the Payment Type Code in 87-Record on their Part 1 submission. Similarly, if a filer intends to only submit Part 1, the filer should provide the Payment Type Code in the 87-Record. Finally, if a filer intends to submit Part 1 and Part 2 together, the filer should provide the Payment Type Code in 87-Record. Please see page 41 of the NAFTA Duty Deferral DRAFT Chapter for more information: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Jan/ACE_CATAIR_NAFTA%20DD_Create-Update_NE-NX_V00_2016-06-23.pdf
For additional information regarding ACE, please dial in to the weekly ACE Status Update Call on Thursdays at 2pm.
Phone Number: (877) 336-1828 Pass Code: 6124214