1. In ACE, the term EXPORTER applies to all ACE Exporter Accounts or their subsidiary/related Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) associated with those accounts. Exporter is a type of account in the ACE account structure and it is currently the only account type for all export-related set-up (exporting company, freight forwarder and authorized agent). Regardless of your role in the export transaction, if you register in ACE you will register for an ACE Exporter Account.
2. Authorized Agents/Freight Forwarders should not add EXPORTER EINs to their account in order to file on behalf of their customers. When filing on behalf of another unrelated company, the USPPI section should be completed in AESDirect in ACE just as it was in the legacy AESDirect application. Adding an exporter EIN to a Top Account is strictly reserved for company subsidiaries directly related to that Top Account.
3. If a Freight Forwarder/Authorized Agent has added an EIN(s) to their ACE Top Account that belongs to another company this will pose an issue for that company when registering in ACE to access AESDirect and/or pull ACE Export Reports. To correct this matter, the ACE Service Desk is requesting that the Authorized Agent/Freight Forwarder call 1-866-530-4172, option 1, then option 2 and submit a trouble ticket so that all companies that have been added under their EIN in error are corrected at the same time.
4. Export Reports Authorization is NOT needed to file in AESDirect in ACE. Once you have successfully set up your company’s ACE Exporter Account (or added the Exporter Role) you are able to file in AESDirect without any further vetting. You only need to click on the button for export reports authorization and complete the vetting process if you desire access to export reports.
5. If you have an existing ACE Importer Account then no further vetting is required for ACE Export Reports Authorization. Once you add the Exporter Role to your ACE Importer Account, you will automatically have access to your export reports.
For further information or questions, contact the U.S. Census Bureau's Data Collection Branch at: Telephone: (800) 549-0595, select option 1 for AES
To read the CBP CSMS please follow this link: CBP CSMS #16-000361